How to take Mifeprex
Take 1 Mifeprex tablet by mouth. Your healthcare provider will either give you or prescribe for you 4 misoprostol tablets take 24 to 48 hours later (the area between your teeth and cheek ) for 30 minutes and then swallow anything leftover with a drink of water.
Precautions Before taking Mifeprex :
- Have a pregnancy of more than 70 days (10 weeks).
- Are using an IUD (intrauterine device or system).
- Have you ecotopic pregnancy.
- Have problems with your adrenal glands.
- Taking medicine to thin your blood.
- Have any bleeding problems.
- Have porphyria.
- Taking certain steroid medicines.
- Are you allergic to mifepristone, misoprostol, or other prostaglandins?
It cannot be used in cases of confirmed or suspected ectopic pregnancy as it is not effective for terminating those pregnancies. In another case If you are using an IUD, it must be taken out before you take Mifeprex.
Side effects :
- pain in the lower abdomen
- mild fever